7/17/08

Fun in DCA





On June 13th I took Miles to Disney's California Adventure. He loved every minute we spent in "Bugs Land" where all the rides are for little tykes. He loved Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and Flick's Flyers... this is the first time we went to Disneyland where Miles was dragging me to the next ride. He is growing up!!! I thought he wouldn't last in the movie "it's tough to be a bug" but he loved it. It helped that it was only 8 minutes long.
We were lucky enough to ride the new ride "Toy Story Mania" which wasn't officially open until
June 17th. I LOVE THIS RIDE!! I would have gone on it 10 times if I had been with someone else that could watch Miles for me. He's a little too small for it, although he was allowed on.
When we got to the area where they have the Grizzly River Run it was getting hot and I wanted to "pull over" and give Miles a snack. Just when I got him out of his stroller, he heard music playing and headed toward it. I followed. As he got closer to the live "banjo band" he started dancing (in the middle of the street) and people were commenting: oh look at that cute little boy. Oh! he's dancing!! How cute!! (squeels of delight!! :)) Miles and I sat in the audience of the 4 man band and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment.
Next, we went to the Brother Bear show. Pictured here is the after the show meet and greet with the characters. Miles wanted to touch the bear's teeth!! We haven't seen the movie yet, that's on our list of things for Miles to discover next. The moose totom pole talks, the mouths and eyes move... it's really cool, and Miles kept pointing at them so after the show he had to go check them out. This was no doubt one of the best days we've ever spent together at the park.

Blog Archive