4/24/09

Diaper blow out at Target

Ok, no pictures for this one!! I'm kind of glad I didn't have my camera for this one. Miles was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection and he's had the trotts for a few days now. I needed some things at the store so I carefully planned ahead knowing he might have a diaper leak. I packed a change of clothes and a ton of wipes but left it all in the car because we were going to be quick.
Just as I put Miles in the shopping cart I said to him "Miles, tell Mommy when you need to poo poo ok?" He nodded his head - I'm sure oblivious to what I asked him to do. Well a couple minutes later he showed me his arm and said "Look Mommy yucky!" It was covered in poo. I checked his back, it was covered. Luckily the shopping cart was empty because the poo ran down into the basket, to the bottom shelf of the basket and as I am running toward the exit I see where the poo dripped all the way to where I put him in the cart! I can't tell you how embarrassed I was!! I was trying to find someone working there to tell, but no one was around. I ran to the car and cleaned Miles up and changed his clothes. I cleaned the cart as best as I could and went back into the store to see they had discovered the mess and were cleaning it up. PHEW!! We went into the bathroom to thoroughly clean our hands and left. I couldn't even go back in to shop I just had to get out of there! Miles didn't cry once. He cooperated really well even though in the end he was a little peved that we left the store after washing our hands because he wanted to go play with the toys in the toy department.

Blog Archive