4/22/09

First Dentist Appointment


My friend told me she loves her kids' dentist and so I took Miles to see her. It was scary because I Miles freaks out any time he sees someone in a white coat like most doctors wear and he HATES to have his teeth cleaned. Scary thoughts aside, it was time to take him. The Dr was so nice and had loads of cool toys, and a ton of huge stuffed animals, excellent distractions. They took this picture of him holding a huge penguin. I learned a lot from the dentist. She taught me an excellent way to, with James' help, hold Miles down to get his teeth properly cleaned. She examined him and told me he had no cavities and had 4 new molars coming through. Good to know!!
Miles had so much fun at the dentist (that is after he stopped crying from having us hold him down to clean his teeth) that I couldn't get him to leave. I wanted to take him to Disneyland since we were half way there anyway and I wanted to reward him for being a big boy... I'd tell him lets go see mickey! And he still didn't want to leave. It took about a half hour to get him to go! We did make it to Disneyland and had wonderful time. Mind you this was about 6 weeks ago. Today I'm so big I don't know that I'd venture taking Miles by myself to Disneyland. But you never know!! I might get a wild hair...

Blog Archive